Friday, December 26, 2008

Our Last Farewell to Liverpool

Since we are moving out of Liverpool in a couple weeks, after such a short stay here, we decided to have one more big night out while we still could. I will miss the nightlife in this town, but we're getting a bit too old for it, perhaps it's time to settle down...

The bus ride into city centre

"Krunchy" Fried Chicken

This is the Philharmonic Pub, named so because it's kitty corner to the Liverpool Philharmonic. It is one of the most ornate pubs in Britain and the mens urinals are made of solid marble.


We thought this was funny because it is obviously an old neon ski signs which they removed the poles. It also demonstrates Liverpool's love of theme bars, I think there are 2 80's bars and 3 70's bars and even a 90's bar.
The Jacaranda, the historic sight of our first cheeky vimto...



The mobile police station is always out on a Saturday night...it's good to feel safe
Mathew Street is the home of the Cavern Club and so many other historic bars and pubs


It never fails, you will always see some crazy people out on Mathew St

Our favorite place to get down
This is Liverpool for you:
this man was wearing a Santa hat and his friend grabbed me as I walked by and said I had to have my picture taken with him, so I obliged and then told Grant to take a picture of me with him, so he put the hat on my head and then after the picture they went to leave and he told me to keep the hat! Unfortunately I lost it over the course of the night, too bad.



1 comment:

Krista & Andrew said...

I miss Liverpool! I'll be there in June so we are going to do it all over again, k?